Icom IC-M87 (ATEX Version) Compact/Waterproof VHF PBR/Marine ATEX handheld
The IC-M87 ATEX version conforms to the 94/9/EC ATEX Directive. This version is suitable for use in hazardous areas on land and at sea such as oil rigs, petrol tankers, etc. This version has a built-in voice scrambler with 32 codes for private transmission. The IC-M87 meets the needs of business and industry users who need a waterproof marine radio and simple PMR radio.
This ATEX approved Icom IC-M87 transceiver offers safety approved 2-way communication preventing explosion and fire hazard in specified hazardous areas.
IC-M87 ATEX I.S VHF Portable Submersible Marine Radio
The IC-M87 ATEX is a high class business VHF portable marine radio, meaning it meets both simple and Private Business Radio (PBR) and marine applications.
The radio is intrinsically safe (ATEX approval: II2G EEx iB IIA T3), meaning it can be used in hazardous environments such as oil rigs and petrol tankers, protecting against explosions and fire hazards.
Tough, compact, lightweight body, the IC-M87 measures only 62 x 97 x 39 mm and weighs 290g (including BP-227AX). The tough one- piece aluminium chassis is designed to meet MIL standard requirements.
Icom IC-M87 is also suitable for the fulfilment of the SOLAS Chapter II-2, Regulation 10.10.4 requirement.
- Approved classes: The approved rating is II2G EEx ib IIA T3.
- Please ensure that the IC-M87 ATEX is acceptable for the intended place of use.
- Special conditions for use: Must be used with BP-227AX
- Approved Accessories: Speaker-microphone HM-138
* (1m depth for 30 minutes).
Lithium-Ion Battery Pack as Standard
* operation with no ‘memory effect’ of the battery.
* Tx:Rx:Stand-by duty ratio = 5:5:90
Optional Speaker Microphone, HM-138
Built-In Voice Scrambler
22 Programmable Channels for Land Use
* Optional cloning software, CS-M88/M87 and cloning cable are required for programming.
Rapid Charger Available
* Please note that ATEX radios should not be charged in Hazardous environments.
IC-M87 (ATEX Version) Additional Features:
- Normal, priority and tag scanning
- Self check function checks temperature, battery voltage & water intrusion
- Simple Up/Down switches for channel selection
- 4 step battery indicator
- Beep sound is selectable for each button
- High speed cloning (19200bps) between PC and transceiver
- MIL spec. tested to MIL-STD F