Designed for outboard and sterndrive vessels greater than 10 metres (35 feet) in length, this pack includes the high-current NAC-3 autopilot computer, Precision-9 solid-state compass, plus all necessary NMEA 2000® cables and connectors.
- Core components for a Simrad Continuum autopilot system – just add a drive unit and controller
- Ideal for outboard and I/O boats above 10 metres (35 feet) in length
- Includes the high-current NAC-3 autopilot computer
- Compatible with high-current drive pumps, mechanical drives, hydraulic linear drives, and solenoid valves
- Control with the Simrad AP44 Autopilot Controller, IS42 display and OP12 keypad, or a networked multifunction display
- Virtual Rudder Feedback eliminates the need to install a mechanical rudder feedback unit
- Includes the Precision-9 solid-state compass for accurate heading data that’s automatically fine-tuned as you travel
- Includes all required NMEA 2000® network connectors and cables
- Easy setup with automatic tuning and compass calibration
- NMEA 0183® input
Autopilot Core Pack
This pack includes the Simrad NAC-3 autopilot computer, Precision-9 solid-state compass, plus all cabling and connectors required to build an NMEA 2000® network backbone or connect your autopilot system to an existing NMEA 2000® network. To create a complete Simrad Continuum autopilot system, just add a hydraulic pump or mechanical drive unit to suit your steering system, and choose a dedicated autopilot controller or Simrad multifunction display.
NAC-3 Autopilot Computer
The NAC-3 Autopilot Computer is recommended for boats above 10 metres (35 feet) in length. It is rated for high-current output of up to 30 amps continuous and 50 amps peak, plus a clutch output; this is suitable to operate high-current drive pumps including the Simrad RPU160 and RPU300, mechanical drives such as the Simrad DD15, hydraulic linear drives such as the HLD2000 series, and solenoid valves.
Multiple Control Options
Choose from a range of dedicated autopilot controllers, or control your autopilot from your existing multifunction display or glass bridge with full Simrad display integration. Install extra autopilot stations, ideal for dual-helm vessels, or add the Simrad WR10 wireless remote for instant steering and autopilot control from anywhere on board.
Virtual Rudder Feedback
Simrad Virtual Rudder Feedback (VRF) technology eliminates the need to install a mechanical rudder feedback unit aboard outboard and sterndrive (inboard/outboard) boats. VRF technology greatly simplifies autopilot installation while delivering uncompromising Simrad Continuum steering performance.
Simrad Precision-9 Compass
The Precision-9 Compass supplies accurate heading and rate-of-turn information to your autopilot and other onboard systems over an NMEA 2000® connection. Heading is determined by an internal array of solid-state sensors that constantly measure motion and orientation on nine axes. The Precision-9’s solid state technology is not only accurate and precise, but also exremely reliable with no internal moving parts. An easily adjustable mounting bracket and single-cable connection allow simple installation aboard any vessel, including up-mast mounting suitable for interference-free operation with steel hulls.
Automatic Tuning and Calibration
Auto-tuning simplifies setup and ensures optimal steering performance. Automatic compass calibration improves heading accuracy as you travel, using data gathered by the Simrad Precision-9’s internal array of solid-state sensors.
Industry-standard NMEA 2000® networking and NMEA 0183® input allow simple connectivity to sensors, autopilot controllers, and multifunction displays located anywhere on board.