When connected to a Simrad GO XSE Series, NSS evo2 or NSO evo2, the Outboard Pilot can steer to a waypoint or along a route, select a turn pattern or simply hold a constant heading. Easily convert trails to routes – so you can retrace a previous track. The Simrad Outboard Pilot with Point-1AP Compass + GPS is recommended for single outboard set-ups, on boats that are 30 feet and less, in length.
- Steer your boat to a heading, waypoint, route or cursor, with control from your Simrad GO XSE Series, NSS evo2, NSO evo2 display.
- “One-touch” route creation from saved trails.
- Repeat your path with automatic turn patterns.
- Recommended for single-outboard setups, on boats that are 30 feet and less, in length.
- VRF (Virtual Rudder Feedback) – simplifies pilot installation — eliminating the need for a rudder position sensor.
- Easy setup – straightforward guide steps you through first-time install.
- Easy-to-install, plug-and-socket connection – with no complex terminal wiring.
- Supported by Simrad Service and Support program
*In the box:
- NAC-1 Autopilot Computer
- PUMP-1 Hydraulic Pump
- Point-1AP Compass + GPS Sensor
- Hydraulic Pump Fitting Kit – Everything you need to connect with your existing hydraulic system – including t-connectors, hoses and oil.
- Auto/Standby Button – Mounts anywhere on dash and changes Autopilot from STBY to AUTO mode with one press.
- NMEA 2000® Networking Kit
Simrad GO/NSS evo2/NSO evo2 Navigation System Integration
Designed exclusively for Simrad navigation system control, the Simrad Outboard Pilot Hydraulic Steer autopilot pack does not include or require a dedicated head unit – perfect for smaller vessels with limited helm space. Set a heading, steer to a waypoint, or follow a predefined route, right from your existing touchscreen display – or take control and steer with precision.
Dash-mount Auto/Standby button
The Simrad Outboard Pilot Hydraulic Steer autopilot pack includes a remote, dash-mount auto/standby button for installation at the helm. This lets you enable the autopilot with ease, or disable the autopilot and take manual control in an instant.
Automatic Turn Patterns
Pre-set turn patterns make manoeuvres such as U-turns simple and fuel efficient, while more complex turn patterns support activities such as fishing, searching for dive sites, or even mapping your favourite lake with Insight Genesis and the built-in sonar or a networked SonarHub sounder module.
Depth Contour Tracking
Using real-time depth measurements collected by the navigation system’s built-in sonar or a networked echosounder module, the Simrad Outboard Pilot Hydraulic Steer autopilot pack can steer automatically along a depth contour – perfect for anglers fishing ledges or drop-offs, but also a great way to take a picturesque cruise along the coastline while automatically maintaining a safe depth beneath your boat.
Super-Quiet 0.8 L Hydraulic Pump
The Simrad Outboard Pilot Hydraulic Steer autopilot pack includes a highly efficient ‘PUMP-1’ 0.8 litre hydraulic gear pump, suitable to drive hydraulic steering systems on inboard and single or double outboard vessels under 10 m (35 ft). High efficiency, 12V operation is suitable for smaller vessels, while super-quiet operation helps to keep your time on the water as enjoyable as possible.
Virtual Rudder Feedback
Simplifying autopilot installation and maintenance, Simrad Virtual Rudder Feedback technology means the NAC-1 does not require the installation of a separate feedback unit to track outboard position on single or dual-outboard vessels.
Optional Rudder Position Sensor
On inboard vessels, an RF25N rudder feedback sensor (sold separately) can be used to precisely measure rudder position, providing smooth autopilot operation and a useful indication of rudder angle on your display at the helm. The RF25N includes a 5.5 metre (18 ft) cable with Micro-C connector for easy connection to your boat’s NMEA 2000® network.
Easy To Install, Everything Included
This comprehensive kit includes everything required for professional or DIY installation (full list below) on single or dual-outboard vessels. Detailed instructions are provided, and plug-and-play connectors on the NAC-1 Autopilot Computer help make installation quicker and easier than ever.
|Product Width||NAC-1 Product Width: 8.3” (210 mm)|
|Product Depth||NAC-1 Product Depth: 7.4” (188 mm)|
|Product Height||NAC-1 Product Height: 2.3” (57.6 mm)|
|Power Supply (Supply Voltage)||NAC-1 Power Supply (Supply Voltage): 12v DC|