With a proven history of oceangoing reliability, this commercial-grade radar will withstand a sustained wind load of up to 100 knots, and features a long-life magnetron and brushless motor for maximum service life.
- 4-foot open-array antenna with slim pedestal design
- 64nm instrumented range with 1.8 beam resolution
- Meets IMO IEC62388 Annex D target detection specifications (triggers RACONs and SARTs at 5nm range)
- Automatic Tune, Gain, and Sea Clutter adjustments in Harbour and Offshore Modes
- Dual EBL/VRM, Dual Guard Zones
- TrueColor display for improved target distinction
- Radar overlay on charts (requires heading sensor)
- 10-target MARPA tracking (requires heading sensor)
- iPad/Android tablet control with optional Go Free wireless module
- Ethernet connectivity, compatible with all Simrad NSE/NSS/NSO multifunction displays
With 64nm instrumented range and 1.8° beam resolution, the 10kW TXL-10S-4 is suitable for both offshore and inshore use.
Chart Overlay with High Speed Redraw
See radar targets – including other vessels, structures, and weather – directly overlaid onto your navigational charts in real time. Improve your situational awareness, and be confident your navigational decisions are always based on the most current and complete information available. Chart overlay is MFD dependent, and requires an optional high-speed heading sensor.
MARPA Target Tracking
Automatically track up to 10 user-selected radar targets, displaying CPA (closest point of approach) and TCPA (time to closest point of approach). MARPA functionality requires an optional high-speed heading sensor.
Auto Harbour and Offshore Modes
Automatic Harbour and Offshore modes provide tune, gain and sea clutter adjustments to suit the conditions. While easy manual override ensures you’re always the one in control, the TXL-10S-4 provides hands-off operation that even the most experienced radar user can have confidence in.
Target Detection and RACON/SART Triggering
When installed 15m (50’) above the waterline, the TXL-10S-4 scanner complies with tough IMO IEC62388 Annex D target detection specifications. In addition, it will trigger RACON navigational aids and SART locator beacons at a minimum of 5nm range, when installed just 5m (17’) high.
Suitable for both recreational and non-IMO commercial use, the TXL-10S-4 is built to commercial standards with long-life magnetron, brushless geared DC motor, and IPX6 waterproofing. This array is designed to withstand sustained wind loads up to 100 knots, while maintaining a minimum 20RPM rotation for reliable situation updates whatever the conditions.
Dual EBL/VRM, Dual Guard Zones
Rapidly determine the bearing and distance to any radar target with dual Electronic Bearing Lines (EBL) and Variable Range Markers (VRM). Dual Guard Zones alarm on targets both entering and existing the zone, with independently configurable range and sensitivity.
Low Electromagnetic Emissions
The TXL-10S-4 meets all current and upcoming Low Emission standards for radar. With “radiation safe” distance within the turning circle of the antenna, this HD Digital Radar can be operated almost anywhere.
Simrad GoFree Wireless Integration
View and control your radar directly from your iPad or Android tablet over Wi-Fi, with the optional Simrad GoFree wireless module. Mirror any screen on your Simrad MFD, and set radar guard zones, from anywhere on board. Available with NSS, NSS evo2, and NSO evo2 MFD systems only.
Our HD Digital Radar connects to any Simrad NSS, NSE or NSO multifunction display system via high-capacity Ethernet, with bulkhead mounted interface box. Ethernet allows easy connection to multiple MFDs, and cable runs up to 100m for installation on vessels of any size or bridge configuration.Radar Features
|458mm / 1’6″
|34kg / 75lb ±10%
|-25° to +55°C
|1320mm / 4.3’
|+40°C, 93% RH
Pulse length / Pulse Repetition
|230W (max in 100kt winds)
|Power Supply (Supply Voltage)
|21.6V – 31.2V DC (24 Volt DC systems)
|Automatic Harbour & Offshore modes, Chart Overlay, 10-target MARPA, Dual EBL/VRM, Dual Guard Zones, Low Radiation, Brushless motor
|Antenna Distance Range [nm]
|Antenna Horizontal Beam Width [deg]
|1.8° ±10% (-3dB width)
|Antenna Output Power [kW]
|Antenna Rotation Speed
|27RPM (min 20RPM at 100 knots)
|Low emission open-array pulse radar with Long Life V9 Magnetron Technology
|Antenna Vertical Beam Width
|20° ±20% (-3dB width)
|Amplitude 2 to 13.2Hz, ±1mm ±10%
Amplitude 13.2 to 100Hz, Gravity acceleration 7m/sec2
|Radar Warm Up Time [minutes]
Download Instructions/Support Material
- Mounting Template TXL-10S-4 / TXL-10S-6
- Grant of Equipment Authorization TXL-10S-4 / TXL-10S-6
- Statement of Opinion (Netherlands) TXL-10S-4 / TXL-10S-6
- 10kW Canada Type Certification
- Installation Manual 10kW and 25kW Low Emission Radar
- DoC CE-RTTE TXL-10S-4, TXL-10S-6 Radar Scanner
- System Drawing TXL-10S-4
- NSS evo2/ NSE/ NSO, RMRS Certificate (Russia)
- Certificate RTE (China) TXL-10S-4