An ideal safety and navigation accessory for offshore cruisers and sportfishing vessels, the R2009 offers versatile flush or bracket-mount installation options and intuitive keypad based operation for reliable control in all conditions.
- Dedicated radar control unit
- Compatible with Simrad Halo™ Pulse Compression, Broadband 3G™/4G™, and HD Digital Radar systems
- Automatic tuning system
- Anti-sea-clutter technology for an optimum picture under adverse weather conditions
- MARPA target tracking
- 9-inch portrait display
- High brightness for outside use
- Keypad and rotary-dial interface with 8 direct-access menu keys
- Bracket and flush-mount installation options
- Ethernet, NMEA0183 & NMEA2000 connectivity
Dedicated Radar Control Display
The Simrad R2009 radar control unit offers a professional-grade interface to Simrad Halo™ Pulse Compression, Broadband 3G™/4G™, and HD Digital radar solutions. Designed to match the modern styling of Simrad glass bridge displays and instruments, this dedicated radar display is a perfect complement to your NSS evo2 or NSO evo2 multifunction display system. Maximise your radar’s utility by adding its own dedicated screen and controls, without compromising on a clean and consistent helm design.
9-inch Portrait Radar Control Unit
The R2009 maximises screen size where limited mounting space is available, with a compact 9-inch portrait display that’s perfect for centre consoles. Its vertical layout allows for a radar picture almost the full width of the screen; alarms, indicators, and target tracking information are shown in widescreen panels above and below the main radar display.
Rugged Design with Flexible Mounting Options
Designed meet the needs of offshore cruisers, sportfishing and commercial vessels, the R2009/R3016 supports flush-mount installation in a console or dash, or bracket-mount installation with an included gimbal bracket. Watertight rear connectors mean the R2009 is IPX7 water-resistant from all sides, in either type of installation.
Keypad Operation with Direct-Access Menu Keys
The R2009 is operated by an integrated keypad and rotary dial. Direct-access menu keys beside the display operate adjacent on-screen menu options, for quick and intuitive access to key settings and features. With reliable, long-life operation and clear tactile feedback, the R2009’s large buttons are suitable for use in rough seas, while travelling at speed, and with wet or gloved hands.
Networking & Expansion
The R2009 Radar Control Unit connects to compatible Simrad radar systems via Ethernet, offering simple installation and easy networking of multiple control units and radar systems. The R2009 also includes dual NMEA 0183® ports and NMEA 2000® connectivity for compatible devices such as heading and speed sensors, AIS, and GPS.
HDMI Output for Display Mirroring
Connect a Simrad MO-series marine monitor or other compatible display to the R3016’s HDMI output to create a secondary radar display mirroring the built-in screen. Add a second non-interactive radar display at another station, or combine an extra display with the optional Simrad O2000 wired remote to create a fully functional ‘clone station’ ideal for dual-helm vessels.
|Product Height||260.1 mm / 10.24 in|
|Product Weight||1.95 kg / 4.3 lb|
|Operating Temperature||-15°C to +55°C / 5°F to 131°F|
|Product Width||224.3 mm / 8.83 in|
|Product Depth||82.3 mm / 3.24 in|
|Specified Standards||CE, RTCM SC112 Radar for non-IMO vessels, IEC62252 European small craft radar Class B (Pending Approval)|
|Power Consumption||11 W|
|Power Supply (Supply Voltage)||12-24 V DC|
|Display Resolution [pixels x pixels]||480 x 800|
|Display Size||9-inch portrait|
|Display Type||9-inch LED-backlit Colour TFT LCD|
|2x NMEA0183, 1x NMEA2000, 1x Ethernet|
Download Instructions/Support Material
- R2009 / S2009 Mounting Template
- R2009/R3016 Quick Reference Card, DE
- R2009/R3016 Quick Reference Card, EN
- R2009/R3016 Quick Reference Card, CS
- R2009/R3016 Quick Reference Card, ES
- R2009/R3016 Quick Reference Card, FR
- R2009/R3016 Quick Reference Card, IT
- R2009/R3016 User Manual, EN
- R2009/R3016 Quick Reference Card, RU
- R2009/R3016 Quick Reference Card, GR
- R2009/R3016 Quick Reference Card, KO
- R2009/R3016 Quick Reference Card, NO
- R2009/R3016 User Manual, DE
- R2009/R3016 User Manual, ES
- R2009/R3016 User Manual, FR
- R2009/R3016 User Manual, IT
- R2009/R3016 User Manual, NO
- R2009 / R2016 Certificate CCS