- 38-75 kHz Low CHIRP with 19-10° port/starboard beam width (10-5° fore/aft)
- 80-130 kHz Medium CHIRP with 13-8° beam width
- Up to 1200 m (4000 ft) range with Low CHIRP
- 16 internal broadband ceramics
- Thru-hull with urethane housing, stuffing tube and high-performance fairing (can retrofit to existing R99 installations)
- Suitable for fiberglass, wood and metal hulls
- Ideal for sportfishing and commercial vessels up to 12 m (40 ft) in length
- Recommended for use with the BSM-3 broadband sounder module
Dual Channel CHIRP
Using pulsed transmissions swept across a range of frequencies, CHIRP technology delivers target resolution and depth penetration superior to traditional single-frequency sonar. This dual-channel CHIRP transducer operates in the 38-75 kHz Low CHIRP frequency range with a 19-10° port/starboard beam width (10-5° fore/aft), and the 80-130 kHz Medium CHIRP frequency range with a 13-8° beam width. With Low CHIRP, the R109LM provides an operating depth of up to 1200 m (4000 ft).
One sensor does it all. Able to measure both depth and temperature in a single package, the R109LM simplifies installation and requires just one connection to your echosounder module or multifunction display.
With urethane housing, the Simrad R109LM is suitable for thru-hull mounting in fiberglass, wood and metal hulls. Thru-hull mounting places the transducer in the water on the outside of your boat’s hull; a hole must be drilled for installation, and a fairing block is required to ensure proper alignment. This typically offers the best depth measurement and fishfinding performance.