Easily integrated with Simrad performance modules and third-party accessories, the NSO evo2 provides lightning-fast control of sonar, charting, radar, autopilot, SonicHub®2 onboard entertainment, and much more.
- Dual independent video outputs: whether installed with two monitors side-by-side or a monitor and a tablet, boaters can display a chart on one and sonar, radar, or any other panel on the other
- Easily manage multiple displays with Bridge Control
- Integrate with Simrad performance modules including 4G Broadband radar, BSM-3 CHIRP echosounder, StructureScan 3D, and more
- GoFree™ wireless technology for online chart downloads, map creation, system-wide software updates, and smartphone/tablet integration (requires optional Wi-Fi module)
- Cartography options includes Insight, C-Map MAX-N and Navionics
- Bring the convenience of in-car navigation to boating with support for Navionics Autorouting and Jeppesen Easy Routing
- Easier trip planning with TripIntel™ technology
- High-performance quad-core processor for rapid, responsive operation across both monitors
- Simrad HEROiC user interface, optimized for widescreen monitors and multi-touch gesture control
- Add traditional hands-on controls with the Simrad OP50 remote controller plus USB mouse, trackball, and keyboard support
- Compact and lightweight design for ease of installation, even on smaller vessels
Enhancing the helms of the world’s leading powerboats and sportfishing vessels, the NSO evo2 offers a distributed MFD system for integrated charting, echosounder, radar, autopilot, entertainment, and more.
The NSO evo2 is ideally suited to enthusiast and professional mariners, typically with boats 10m (35’) or larger.
Unlike other, higher-priced distributed systems, the NSO evo2 offers dual high-definition video outputs, for two completely independent displays. With a lightning fast quad-core processor, it provides quick response in both single- and dual-display installations.
Easily manage multiple displays across a helm station with Bridge Control. Link up to four displays as a ‘bridge’, then create your own bridge presets for activities such as docking, navigation, fishing, or diving. Bridge presets control what appears on each display, and let you configure an entire helm station with just one simple action.
Bridge Control effortlessly extends to vessels with dual helms or multiple stations, with the ability to define up to four separate bridges. Each bridge has its own displays and presets: set up the cockpit with echosounder and StructureScan displays for fishing, while dedicating your flybridge displays to navigation and autopilot. Adapt your configuration as your needs or equipment change, with the ability to create, edit, and delete bridges and presets on the fly.
Bridge Control works with the NSO evo2, and any of the Simrad NSS evo2 multifunction displays. For more than two displays, additional NSO evo2 or NSS evo2 units are required.
Plan and Manage Trips with TripIntel™
Designed for power boaters, TripIntel technology tracks and displays the key information you need to plan safe and enjoyable days on the water. Make smart decisions with fuel range overlaid on charts, easy access to current and future tide levels, and a detailed history of your previous trips including the route you took and how your boat performed.
Achieve Maximum Fuel Economy
The NSO evo2 Cruise Performance Indicator makes it easy to tune trim and throttle while underway to achieve maximum fuel economy. Set targets suitable for your hull and engine combination and this smart graphical display helps you to stay in the “green zone”, maximising range and keeping fuel costs down.
Integrate and Expand
Simrad NSO evo2 systems can be expanded and enhanced to suit boaters’ specific needs, with easy NMEA 2000® and Ethernet connectivity to a vast selection of Simrad and third-party accessories.
Gain greater situational awareness with Simrad Broadband 4G™ or Halo™ Pulse Compression radar, get connected with GoFree™ wireless capabilities, or enjoy Bluetooth music streaming from your smartphone or tablet with the SonicHub®2 marine audio system.
Choose from a wide range of cartography options to best suit your location and usage, with support for C-MAP MAX-N+ 2015, Navionics, Insight, Insight Genesis and NV Digital Charts.
Simrad Sounder Ready
The NSO evo2 can be paired with a range of Simrad sonar modules to meet your fishing or boating needs. Add StructureScan® 3D imaging to explore underwater terrain and fish-holding structure from an interactive 3D perspective, or connect a Broadband Sounder™ module with CHIRP for reliable fish detection and accurate bottom tracking at all depths. Vertical heave compensation, available with the optional HS60 or HS70 satellite compass, removes the “wavy” vertical effect of ocean swells on sonar images – offering superior imaging of the seabed and fish targets.
Available with the optional WIFI-1 module, GoFree™ wireless capabilities connect your NSO evo2 glass bridge system to the world. Browse and purchase a wide range of cartography online from the GoFree™ Shop, downloading charts directly to your display’s memory card without leaving the helm. Upload sonar logs recorded during your voyages directly from your display to the Insight Genesis cloud service, which creates detailed depth-contour, vegetation location, and bottom hardness maps – the perfect way to better explore your favourite inland and coastal fishing spots.
Anywhere you have a wireless internet connection, you have access to GoFree™ services – from your marina’s Wi-Fi, to any harbour, coastal or inland waters with mobile service if you have a smartphone and mobile plan that support ‘tethering’ or ‘internet sharing’ (data charges may apply).
Out on the water, GoFree™ brings any display from your NSO system right to your iPhone or Android smartphone, and lets you control displays remotely from your iPad or Android tablet.
Easy System-Wide Software Updates
Driven by our strong commitments to quality and innovation, we regularly release free software updates to enhance the capabilities of Simrad multifunction displays, expansion modules and accessories. GoFree™ wireless capabilities make it easy to keep your entire Simrad system up to date, automatically downloading and installing the latest software not only for your display but for all compatible Simrad modules connected by NMEA 2000® or Ethernet.
Navionics Autorouting / Jeppesen Easy Routing
Automatic routing brings the convenience of in-car navigation to boating, giving you the confidence to navigate unfamiliar waters and letting you get underway with less delay.
Navionics Autorouting and Jeppesen Easy Routing are both fully supported on the NSO evo2. Simply select a destination, and the chartplotter will automatically suggest the shortest, safest route taking into consideration the draught and dimensions of your vessel.
Navionics Autorouting works with Navionics+ or Navionics Platinum charts. Jeppesen Easy Routing requires Jeppesen CMAP MAX-N+ charts.
Jeppesen C-MAP MAX-N+ 2015 support
The NSO evo2 supports the full range of Jeppesen C-MAP MAX-N+ 2015 charts and features. Find a safe berth with detailed harbour charts; high-definition photos and diagrams of ports and marinas; and C-Marina Port Info including hours of operation, VHF call-in details, and nearby accommodation and restaurants. Navigate easier with comprehensive information on navigational aids, a birds-eye Perspective View, Shaded Depths for enhanced chart visibility, and Dynamic Tides and Currents overlaid on charts in real-time.
Command and Control
The NSO evo2’s HEROiC user interface has been optimized for widescreen monitors, and includes multi-touch gesture support.
TouchSensible lets you command the NSO evo2 with a Simrad MO-series touchscreen monitor, or a traditional OP50 keypad and rotary dial. Combine the convenience of a touchscreen with classic controls that respond to wet or gloved hands, and offer precision on those days where boat motion makes it hard to use a touchscreen accurately.
Ideal for pilothouse use, add desktop-style controls for route planning and other detail-oriented tasks with USB mouse, trackball and keyboard support.
|Display Resolution [pixels x pixels]||2 sockets. Supports 800×600 (SVGA 4:3), 1024×768 (XGA 4:3), 1280×720 (HD 16:9), 1366×768 (WXGA), 1920×1080 (Full HD 16:9), 1920×1200 (WUXGA 16:10), 1280×800 (16×10), 1280×1024 (SXGA 5:4)|
|Interface Connector USB||2 type A socket|
|Operating Temperature||-15°C to +55°C (5°F to 131°F)|
|Product Width||11.0 in (281 mm)|
|Product Depth||9.1 in (232 mm)|
|Product Height||2.6 in (65.5 mm)|
|Product Weight||2.3 lbs. (1060 g)|
|NMEA 0183 Interface||x2|
|3 Ethernet – 1 & 2 are PoE (RJ45 socket), NME2000, NMEA 0183 via RS422|
|Power Consumption||45W (max)|
|Power Supply (Supply Voltage)||9 – 31.2 vDC (min-max)|
Download Instructions/Support Material
- NSO evo2 Installation Manual, EN
- NSO evo2 RTM4.5 Software Update Addendum
- TripIntel Application Note
- NSO evo2 Operator Manual, EN
- NSO evo2, Installation Manual EN
- NSO evo2 QuickGuide (EN)
- NSO evo2 QuickGuide (DE)
- NSO evo2 QuickGuide (ES)
- NSO evo2 QuickGuide (FR)
- Operator Manual NSO evo2 (RTM2)
- Operator Manual Simrad NSO Evo 2 – French
- Operator Manual Simrad NSO Evo 2 – German
- Operator Manual Simrad NSO Evo 2 – Spanish
- Operator Manual Simrad NSO Evo 2 – Norwegian
- Operator Manual Simrad NSO Evo 2 – Norwegian
- Operator Manual Simrad NSO Evo 2 – Italian
- NSO evo2 Flyer
- NSO evo2 RTM5.5 Addendum, DE
- NSO evo2 RTM5.5 Addendum, EN
- NSO evo2 RTM5.5 Addendum, ES
- NSO evo2 RTM5.5 Addendum, FI
- NSO evo2 RTM5.5 Addendum, FR
- NSO evo2 RTM5.5 Addendum, IT
- NSO evo2 RTM5.5 Addendum, NL
- NSO evo2 RTM5.5 Addendum, NO
- NSO evo2 RTM5.5 Addendum, PT
- NSO evo2 RTM5.5 Addendum, SV
- NSO evo2 RTM5.5 Addendum, ZH
- NSO evo2 Flyer
- Declaration of Conformity – EU
- FLIR Camera Integration Guide, EN
- Autopilot Buying Guide